Monday, August 13, 2012

Rest in Peace Johnny Pesky


When my family went to Winter Haven in 1980 to see the Red Sox in Spring Training, I was 7 and my brother was 8. We were collecting autographs of the players and coaches.

Johnny Pesky signed our book and gave my brother Ted a ball.

And no doubt people all over the country with roots to the Red Sox have a story like that.

Johnny Pesky was more than a former player, manager, broadcaster and coach. He was a link to the Red Sox past, both glorious and painful.

In my latest for Bleacher Report, I discuss how the franchise will never be the same again without Mr. Pesky. And no one person better personified the passion, heartbreak and redemption of the Red Sox than #6.

You can read the whole article HERE.


 Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment