Thursday, July 19, 2012

Red Sox fans... just enjoy the moments

The Red Sox won a great game tonight. Cody Ross launched a walk off three run homer to win the game in the ninth, taking a victory when the Red Sox were 2 outs from losing to Chicago.

It was a fun game, one where Pedroia, Ellsbury and Crawford all played at the same time.

I was thrilled when I saw the highlights of the win.
And I love Cody Ross and his enthusiasm.

But I didn't scoreboard watch.
I didn't check the standings.

In all honesty, I don't know where the Red Sox are in the Wild Card standings and I don't really care. I have no hopes for this team for any meaningful success in 2012.

Red Sox fans should be happy that the Felix Doubronts and Will Middlebrookses and Pedro Ciriacos are playing well and that Clay Buchholz threw a good game.

This team has gone from winning to losing streaks all year.
Just enjoy the winning streaks and don't focus on October.

Be in the present.

If that results in a playoff berth, then great.
If not, then enjoy the good parts.

This team is not a pennant contender. But they can still be fun, as long as they keep cutting to Valentine on TV.

(He just seems miserable, doesn't he? HE should enjoy the moment.)



 Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment