Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sully Baseball's Official 2011 Picks... bet on these at your own risk!




















In my entire life, I have predicted the World Series champion accurately a grand total of once in my life.

I picked the 1999 New York Yankees to win it all.
Not exactly a brave pick on my part.

Since then...
I picked the Braves to win the 2000 World Series.
I picked the Yankees to win the 2001 World Series.
I picked the A's to win the 2002 World Series.
I picked the Cardinals to win the 2003 World Series.
I picked the Astros to win the 2004 World Series.
I picked the Twins to win the 2005 World Series.
I picked the White Sox to win the 2006 World Series.
I picked the Angels to win the 2007 World Series.
I picked the Red Sox to win the 2008 World Series.
I picked the A's to win the 2009 World Series.
I picked the Yankees to win the 2010 World Series.

So which team am I giving the Kiss of Death to for 2011?

Here are my Division Picks

AMERICAN LEAGUE EAST - Boston Red Sox

AMERICAN LEAGUE CENTRALChicago White Sox

AMERICAN LEAGUE WESTLos Angeles Angels of Anaheim

AMERICAN LEAGUE WILD CARDNew York Yankees

NATIONAL LEAGUE EAST Philadelphia Phillies

NATIONAL LEAGUE CENTRAL Cincinnati Reds

NATIONAL LEAGUE WESTSan Francisco Giants

NATIONAL LEAGUE WILD CARDFlorida Marlins


ALCSLos Angeles Angels of Anaheim def. Boston Red Sox in 7
NLCSPhiladelphia Phillies def. Cincinnati Reds in 4

WORLD SERIES Philadelphia Phillies def. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in 5

Award Predictions

AL MVP – Kevin Youkilis, Boston
NL MVP – Hanley Ramirez, Florida
AL Cy Young – Dan Haren, Los Angeles
NL Cy Young – Josh Johnson, Florida
AL Rookie of the Year – Jeremy Hellickson, Tampa Bay
NL Rookie of the Year – Aroldis Chapman, Cincinnati
AL Manager of the Year – Ozzie Guillen, Chicago
NL Manager of the Year – Bruce Bochy, San Francisco
AL Comeback Player of the Year – Grady Sizemore, Cleveland
NL Comeback Player of the Year – Aaron Harang, San Diego

First AL Manager fired – Jim Leyland, Detroit
First NL Manager fired – Jim Riggleman, Washington


So there you have it… Phillies fans, I hope you weren’t hoping for a parade this year. I think your team is going to win, which means DOOM!







Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. The Angels and Marlins in the Playoffs? Wow,
    In 2008 in May the Rays beat the Yankees to go into 1st place for the 1st time that late in the season. The Yankees fell to last. so I sent an E mail out to my old High School friends laughing at the Yankees, then saying to My Red Sox friend not to laugh because he would not be laughing when the Rays beat the Red Sox in the 2008 ALCS. I was just kidding then. But at the All Star Break I sent out revised picks with that same pick
    That was the only time I even came close. But I blew the WS, I said the Rays over the Cubs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We predicted the same NL MVP and same NL CY Young winner... gonna be a fun year!

    ReplyDelete