Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hey Ozzie... don't give Manny any ideas












Seriously, Ozzie Guillen, be careful what you say about Manny Ramirez.

I read your quotes in the AP article by Tom Withers, and some were a bit odd.

"I never see anyone on his team get mad at him because he goes about his business."

Um, did SOMEONE forget Manny Ramirez and Kevin Youkilis going at each other in the dugout in 2008?

But really, Ozzie... when regarding his manner of dressing and upkeep of his uniform, you said "That’s not my department. Guys can go out there buck naked, and if they win games for me, I’m happy."

Ohhhhh boy. You just opened a can of worms there.

This is a guy who took many leaks in the Green Monster, brings drinks up out to the outfield and wears his iPod in the field.

Showing up nude to the plate?

It's only a matter of time.



Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Revised prediction: I think EVERYONE will remember that time Ozzie Guillen ran out on the field and chased a bare assed nekkid Manny around with a baseball bat while screaming Spanish obscenities right in the middle of a Divisional Playoff game.

    ReplyDelete