Sunday, June 21, 2009

Shairon Martis... IMMORTAL

This last Thursday I declared there was no way the Yankees could have advance scouts because every time they faced a pitcher they hadn't seen (even one with lousy stats) that new pitcher would shut the Yankees down.

I lumped Shairon Martis of the historically horrible Washington Nationals (or Natinals) onto that list.

He entered Yankee Stadium with a 5.04 ERA and threw 6 innings letting up 1 earned run.

I got a post from someone claiming his 5-1 record made him more formidable and that my postings were half assed.

I also got a few private e mails from readers. One said "Shows you what you know. Martis is a rising star and you just don't know it because you are a typical Red Sox fan."

Ah yes... the typical Red Sox fan who writes tons of posts about the Marlins and Pirates.

Well today future Hall of Famer Shairon Martis took the mound in his first game since shutting down the Yankees.

He let up 6 runs in 5 innings, giving up 8 hits and striking out only 1.

His ERA is now 5.13.

Man, what was I thinking implying he was anything less than an ace???

No comments:

Post a Comment