Sunday, September 23, 2007

OCTOBERFEST!

I love lists. And right now I am going to list all the teams who have clinched a playoff berth for 2007:

Boston Red Sox


That's it.

It wasn't pretty.

In fact I was listening to the game on my XM while driving up to San Francisco tonight.
I screamed my voice hoarse when Pena hit the go ahead homer off of Lopez.

And then yelled at the top of my lungs driving up to the Union Square parking lot when Varitek and Lugo homered in the 9th.

It was ugly... but it was a win! And it means no matter what, the Red Sox are playing playoff baseball in 2007.

So stop writing about 1978.

Quit writing about Boston angst.
Quit talking about a fold job.

The 1978 team didn't play in the playoffs.
The 2007 team will.

With a week and a day left in the season the Red Sox have the best record in baseball and a week to line up their rotation and bullpen.

If it costs the Red Sox a division title, to quote Derek Coleman, whoop de damn do.

No comments:

Post a Comment