Monday, September 03, 2007

In honor of Johnny Damon...

Yeah... I'm honoring Johnny Damon!

You want to make something of it?

I know I'm supposed to hate Johnny... but I'm not quick to forget what he did for us Red Sox fans!

I didn't forget his 4 legit All Star seasons!

I didn't forget the fact that he was willing to crash into walls (or Damian Jackson's face) to make a catch!

I didn't forget how awesome it was that he showed up to Spring Training looking like Jesus!

I didn't forget him running home from second on Papi's 14th inning single that ended game 5 of the 2004 ALCS!

I didn't forget his grand slam and 2 run shot off of Vasquez that sunk the Yankees in game 7!

I didn't forget his lead off homer in the World Series clincher!

He's a member of the 2004 Red Sox, ergo I can never boo him.

And for those of you who say "He was disloyal!" I ask you...
Wasn't he disloyal to the Royals and A's before he was a Red Sox?

Didn't we swipe him away with big bucks?

How a legit playoff hero like Damon can be vilified and Tom Yawkey can beloved will never make sense to me!

But, Damon... this posting is for you!

THE MAGIC NUMBER IS 18!

No comments:

Post a Comment