Friday, September 21, 2007

I wanted Anarchy... and I might get it!


When I made my amendment to "Who I Should Root For" in the NL Central, I said I wanted anarchy. I wanted a 3 way tie.

Well, with the collapse of the Cardinals, the NL Central is back to being a 2 horse race.

But I might get my anarchy wish anyway!

And I realize I was not ambitious enough with my anarchy wish.
I was thinking solely of a division in chaos.

But this year, the entire National League could be a mess by seasons end.
Bear with me!

ANARCHY PLAN 1: The National League East

Let's say the Mets go 6-4 in their last 10 games...
And the Phillies go 7-2 in their remining 9 games.



ANARCHY PLAN 2: The National League Central

Meanwhile the Brewers go 7-3 in their last 10
And the Cubs go 4-4 in their last 8 games


ANARCHY PLAN 3: The National League West

And finally let's say the Padres go 5-5 in their last 10 games
And the Diamondbacks go 4-5 in their final 9 games.



None of those scenarios are superhuman.
And what would happen if they all happened like that?

The Mets, Phillies, Diamondbacks and Padres would all be tied at 90-72.
And the Brewers and Cubs would be tied at 85-77.

The season ends... and not one playoff team is decided!
No Division Winner! No Wild Card!
Nobody would know who would be in or out!
Your team could have home field, or be playing golf!

You'd have to play three one game playoffs to decide the division...
And then the next day have the loser of the East game and the West game would have to play a Wild Card game... loser to go home, the winner moves on exhausted!

Tell me that wouldn't be the most intense 2 days of baseball you ever saw!
4 "Do or Die" and "Win or the season is meaningless!" games in two days!

Say it with me!
ANARCHY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment